Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Role: Full-time (Temporary to Permanent)
Marté Egele is a Nigerian fashion accessory brand exploring leather goods and silk scarves, with the desire to create unique and high-quality products while promoting African craftmanship. Inspired by the Art Deco movement, each of our pieces represents a fusion of vibrant African culture and Western style to create a global appeal.
We are currently expanding and seeking an innovative mind to join our Team.
- Assist the Senior Designer in the creative process for seasonal designs, look-books, and campaigns by brainstorming ideas and producing rough sketches using suitable colours, shapes, and materials.
- Prepare and assess detailed working drawings, models, or prototypes, using computer-aided design (CAD) in preparation for production.
- Support in handling creative briefs, facilitating client meetings, and making presentations to the Senior Designer or Clients.
- Interface between the Design Team and the Operations Team to ensure quality check and design fulfillment.
- Manage and maintain relations with vendors for local sourcing relating to fabric design, and regularly ensure up-to-date fabric inventory management.
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned, which may include the preparation of marketing materials and finding new business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of OND
- High interest in the African leather industry (particularly bag making), with up-to-date knowledge of trends and fashion design skills
- Proficiency in Design Software (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe photoshop etc.), with the ability to convert ideas into a three-dimensional design
- Computer literacy with proficiency In MS Office Tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Creative thinking and artistic skills, with the ability to work independently
- Must be based in Lagos and available to work full time
If this fits your profile, then we would love to hear from you! Please send your Resume and Design Portfolio, with mail subject as “APPLICATION – DESIGN ASSISTANT”, to email@example.com
Application deadline: June 2nd, 2023